Time sure flies by in a blink of an eye: It has been 7 years since I first joined SYCES. Still remember very clearly my date of entry: April Fool’s Day, 2007. “What has kept me so long within the choir?” – A question very often asked by people close to me. Well, let me reiterate the reasons again, but with a slightly different twist. I dedicate this Buzzworthy-esque blogpost to my fellow SYCES friends and also to all those in the choral fraternity. I am sure at least 1 of them will resonate with you guys. (:
1. I get to SING lots of awesome songs.
Fire songs? Count me in!
2. It brings me PLACES. Like, both locally and overseas.
Solfege in Arezzo, Italy
S Y C on the cobbled stone streets of Torino, Italy
3. I get to MEET and SING together with people from other countries.
It’s a Gaia, ACS & SYCES parteh! *\o/*
4. We are serious about our FOOD. Like, seriously.
Our usual after-concert pig-out at Lau Pa Sat. SATAY!! *drools*
How about a change of environment at Glutton’s Bay? STILL GOOD!
5. We love our WE-FIES! (or at least there are people willing to humour me)
Those were the days when selfie pods were unheard of, and actual selfies took a certain level of skill. xD
Did I mention that off-stage, we are just a crazy and fun-loving bunch of people at heart?
– songern –